Go beyond your typical summer job and turn your hard work and talent into a business! Students between the ages of 15 to 29 who are returning to school in September have the opportunity to receive a grant of up to $3000 to develop and run their very own business this summer. Successful applicants to the Summer Company Program are paired with a Regional Business Centre mentor and receive one-on-one business training, support, and advice.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
You could be eligible, if you:
- go to high school, college or university
- live in Ontario
- are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- are between 15-29 years old (if under 18: a parent needs to sign the application)
- are not already running a business
- are not working at another job or going to school for more than 12 hours a week during the program
- are returning to school after the program ends
You cannot apply again, if you have received a Summer Company grant in the past.
Maximum grant: $3,000
Successful Summer Company applicants get:
- up to $1,500 up front to help with start-up costs
- up to $1,500 when you successfully complete the program requirements
DATES AND HOURS
Applications for Summer Company 2023 are now closed.
Start date: June 1 (Post-Secondary Students) or July 6 (High School Students)
End date: Labour Day
You must be prepared to commit:
- an average of 35 hours per week
- a minimum of 8 weeks in a row for high school students
- a minimum of 12 weeks in a row for post-secondary students