Mondays @ 5pm
Tuesdays @ 1pm and 5pm
Thursdays @ 1pm and 5pm
Fridays @ 1pm
Zoom expert Raul Montes will take you on a grand tour of the Zoom product suite.
We'll cover such features as calendar integrations, recording, screen sharing, annotation, virtual backgrounds, and more! What's more, you'll receive an overview of our desktop and mobile meetings, IM service, webinar platform, conference room solutions (Zoom Rooms and H.323/SIP Connector), and Zoom's premium audio plan.
August 6th 9:30am
There is a great deal to consider when you’re building a new website or redesigning an existing one. This beginner workshop covers everything you need to know, from choosing and registering a domain name, to building the website itself, to making sure it’s secure. You’ll learn:
- What a domain name is and how to register the right one(s) for your business.
- How to get an email address that matches your domain name.
- How to comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) with a fast, accessible, and mobile-friendly website.
- What to consider when choosing a website platform such as WordPress, Shopify, or Squarespace.
- How to set up an online store, how to accept payments online and other e-commerce fundamentals.
- How to make a website secure and back it up regularly.
- What you can do yourself and when to hire a pro.
August 12th 9:30am
You have a website, but how do customers find it? You need to drive traffic to your website by making sure your business shows up on Google when customers search. This beginner workshop will teach you how to connect your business to customer searches on Google and how to optimize your website and digital presence for Google, without costing you money. You’ll learn:
- What Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is and how Google and other search engines work.
- How to successfully conduct keyword research so you can choose which keywords will attract the right website visitors.
- How to write website content with Google in mind, and how to leverage different types of content to generate the best search engine results.
- How listing and ranking websites can increase your SEO power.
- How to use social media and links from other websites to improve your Google ranking.
- How to measure your SEO efforts to see what’s working and what’s not.
August 18th 9:30am
Most small businesses don’t have onsite IT departments, but that doesn’t mean you’re off the hook when it comes to keeping your customer and client data secure. Discover how to do so effectively and safely in this beginner-level webinar.
- How to prevent three of the biggest threats to data privacy (phishing, data breaches, and malware)
- How to get your whole team to practice digital hygiene so your office is safe
- What the data privacy and security laws are in Canada and the rest of the world
- How to make sure your digital marketing is permission-based, and in compliance with the law
August 27th 9:30am
Whether you have $0, $50, or $100 a month to spend on Facebook and Instagram, you can still reach your target customers and clients. Discover some creative ways to do so in this beginner-level webinar.
- How the Facebook and Instagram algorithms work, so your content can cut through and be seen, even without spending money
- How to decide when to boost a post, and how much to spend
- What your options are for advertising on Facebook and Instagram
- How to target your ads to your ideal customer or client based on demographics, geographic area, and more
- How to create successful written copy and imagery for Facebook and Instagram ads