Mondays @ 5pm
Tuesdays @ 1pm and 5pm
Thursdays @ 1pm and 5pm
Fridays @ 1pm
Zoom expert Raul Montes will take you on a grand tour of the Zoom product suite.
We'll cover such features as calendar integrations, recording, screen sharing, annotation, virtual backgrounds, and more! What's more, you'll receive an overview of our desktop and mobile meetings, IM service, webinar platform, conference room solutions (Zoom Rooms and H.323/SIP Connector), and Zoom's premium audio plan.
July 7th 9am
We welcome Brian Vendramin, Small Business Consultant and Educator to share with us his expertise.
Brian is a Professor at Cambrian College and Program Coordinator for International Business Management and Organization Management Post-Diploma Graduate Certificates.
In this day and age, educating students is deeper and richer than it ever has been and that keeps him razor sharp. Relevance is priority one - knowing what’s out there and what’s happening so that my students have a chance of catching the next wave and influencing it.
Brian can’t think of a more exciting field than international business; a field that is ever changing.
In global marketing, playing field audibles are being called by companies all of the time.
Brian has distinguished himself in his field by creating engagement and keeping an eye on the big picture because of his strategic marketing background. He is the guy that SME’s call to gain that competitive edge and to develop and execute a strategy effectively to deliver results.
Professionally, his students tell me they enjoy ‘the Vendramin classroom experience’ because it is current, challenging, insightful and entertaining. In 2014, he was awarded the President’s Award of Excellence for the second time. He is both humbled and excited by this recognition.
Brian is spreading the word by providing commentary frequently to local Media – electronic, print and broadcast on local, national and international business stories that affect many of us.
"Business with Brian', was a twice monthly segment on CBC Morning North where he provided business perspective for 2.5 years on a variety of hotbed topics: when do you need to hire a consultant, how do you handle all of those requests for donations, pop-up retail stores, providing exceptional customer service and more, including local 'biz' news and much more!
Brian considers himself lucky enough to live and prosper in a community where he has been able to help shape minds for 33 years. He really believes he is fortunate to have the best gig ever.
Follow him on Twitter @brianvendramin and on Instagram brian_vendramin
July 7th 7pm
Social media can be a very powerful tool for business growth, but first you need to know what it is and how it works. In this fun and interactive workshop, we’ll look at the basics of today’s popular social media channels—including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Pinterest—and decide which are right for you. You’ll develop a social media plan that will drive business results without a big investment of time and energy. This webinar is presented in partnership with the Alliston BIA.
- How other small businesses have built their brands on each social media channel, picking up tips and inspiration for your own social media activities.
- What likes, hashtags, shares and retweets are, and how and when to use them.
- How to determine the right content and tone for your business’s social media posts, and the right time and frequency to post them.
- How to develop an editorial calendar, with tips for scheduling and automation.
- How to analyze social media metrics and determine which ones to focus on for your business goals.
July 14th 9am
We welcome Will Himsl, owner of The Refinery to share with us his experience.
July 14th 7pm
You don't need a big budget to get noticed on the web - you just need creativity! Savvy businesses are using bootstrap digital marketing techniques to amplify their message online. In this hands-on workshop, you'll learn the tricks and tools needed to market your business effectively on a shoestring budget. This webinar is presented in partnership with the Alliston BIA.
- How to create a basic online marketing strategy and measurement plan that fits for your business size and goals.
- Why email marketing can be a powerful and cost-effective way to grow your business.
- How to get people to sign up for an email list while following best practices and the Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL).
- How to take advantage of influencer marketing, affiliate marketing and other ways to generate word-of-mouth.
- How to advertise cost-effectively through Google ads, Facebook ads and other ad networks.
- What free or low-cost graphic design tools to use to create eye-catching online ads.
July 21st 9am
We welcome Chuck Barbeau, owner of di Gusto, to share with us his experience.
July 22nd 12pm
It’s never been easier for small businesses to dip their toes into the world of ecommerce. Discover the fundamentals of selling online in this webinar that’s perfect for ecommerce beginners.
- How to add ecommerce functionality to an existing website
- How to sell through a third-party marketplace
- How to build your whole website as an online store
- What your options are for payment gateways and fees
- How to integrate your online store to other digital systems like accounting and shipping
July 28th 9am
we welcome Benjamin Mackenzie, owner of Shake It Up Media Group, Freezing Point Ice Cream and Horizon Drive In to share with us his experience.
Ben MacKenzie is a young entrepreneur who operates Shake It Up Media Group, Freezing Point Ice Cream and Horizon Drive In. When not working on the businesses, Ben is finishing his fourth year of Business at Laurentian University. Ben is actively engaged in the community as he sits on the Terry Fox Committee, Relay For Life Team and is the Vice President of Student Life at Laurentian University.
July 28th 12pm
Ever wondered who’s visiting your website, and what they’re doing there? Google Analytics can tell you all of that and more. Discover the fundamentals of Google Analytics in this beginner-level webinar.
- How to connect your website to Google Analytics
- How to set up Google Analytics properly to filter out irrelevant traffic
- How to create custom views and set goals within Google Analytics
- How to generate 5 key reports to let you know how your website is performing
- How to configure Google Analytics to automatically send you reports
August 6th 9:30am
There is a great deal to consider when you’re building a new website or redesigning an existing one. This beginner workshop covers everything you need to know, from choosing and registering a domain name, to building the website itself, to making sure it’s secure. You’ll learn:
- What a domain name is and how to register the right one(s) for your business.
- How to get an email address that matches your domain name.
- How to comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) with a fast, accessible, and mobile-friendly website.
- What to consider when choosing a website platform such as WordPress, Shopify, or Squarespace.
- How to set up an online store, how to accept payments online and other e-commerce fundamentals.
- How to make a website secure and back it up regularly.
- What you can do yourself and when to hire a pro.
August 12th 9:30am
You have a website, but how do customers find it? You need to drive traffic to your website by making sure your business shows up on Google when customers search. This beginner workshop will teach you how to connect your business to customer searches on Google and how to optimize your website and digital presence for Google, without costing you money. You’ll learn:
- What Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is and how Google and other search engines work.
- How to successfully conduct keyword research so you can choose which keywords will attract the right website visitors.
- How to write website content with Google in mind, and how to leverage different types of content to generate the best search engine results.
- How listing and ranking websites can increase your SEO power.
- How to use social media and links from other websites to improve your Google ranking.
- How to measure your SEO efforts to see what’s working and what’s not.
August 18th 9:30am
Most small businesses don’t have onsite IT departments, but that doesn’t mean you’re off the hook when it comes to keeping your customer and client data secure. Discover how to do so effectively and safely in this beginner-level webinar.
- How to prevent three of the biggest threats to data privacy (phishing, data breaches, and malware)
- How to get your whole team to practice digital hygiene so your office is safe
- What the data privacy and security laws are in Canada and the rest of the world
- How to make sure your digital marketing is permission-based, and in compliance with the law
August 27th 9:30am
Whether you have $0, $50, or $100 a month to spend on Facebook and Instagram, you can still reach your target customers and clients. Discover some creative ways to do so in this beginner-level webinar.
- How the Facebook and Instagram algorithms work, so your content can cut through and be seen, even without spending money
- How to decide when to boost a post, and how much to spend
- What your options are for advertising on Facebook and Instagram
- How to target your ads to your ideal customer or client based on demographics, geographic area, and more
- How to create successful written copy and imagery for Facebook and Instagram ads